The integration of RES in modern power systems is a challenging task worldwide. The complexity in the operation increases significantly, especially in the case of non-interconnected systems or microgrids. In all cases the design and operation of power systems should meet three main targets:
- Efficient and economic operation
- Increased RES penetration and reduction of CO2 emissions
- Improved security of supply and reliability
These targets are most of the time conflicting. Thus sophisticated solutions should be adopted in order to reach the optimal solution with respect to the system configuration and coordination. In these solutions advanced ICT tools both for decision making and operation are essential.
EFESYS is formed by a group of engineers with long experience in the area of smart grids and microgrids and have background from different fields/disciplines. Thus the EFESYS team is capable to:
- Develop energy and smart grid applications: tools for microgrid planning, design and operation
- Consultancy on complicated technical problems: system modeling and stability analysis
- Specialized ICT solutions: implementation of smart grid standards and system coupling
EFESYS can fully support the design, implementation and operation of smart grid and microgrid systems.